To view All pages for Records Management please select an option below
LGRC Disposal List Serv
In 1993, the Legislature created a Local Government Records Committee to oversee the preservation and disposal of public records kept by local governments and school districts. If you have questions please email us at [email protected].
- Rich Aarstad, Montana Historical Society – State Archives
- Ray Dagnall, Secretary of State – Records and Information Management
- Paige Trautwein, Ravalli County – Office of the Clerk and Recorder
- Pam Castleberry, Carter County – Office of the Clerk and Recorder
- Terry Atwood, Genealogy Representative
- Marty Rehbein, City of Missoula – Office of the City Clerk
- Jessica Kessler, Department of Administration – Local Government Services
- Linda Sajor-Joyce, Silver Bow County – Office of the Clerk and Recorder
The Local Government Records Committee meets at least twice a year to approve, modify, or reject proposals for local government and school district records retention and disposition schedules. A subcommittee made up of the state archivist, a representative of Local Government Services, and an LGRC member handles all requests for disposal of records. No record may be destroyed without the subcommittee’s unanimous approval.
If you don’t have email, send it to:
Local Government Services
P.O. Box 200547
Helena, MT 59620-0547